Tuesday, April 10, 2007

Take things for granted

Today my manager had some problem. Our video quality was not consistent over several boxes. The parameters were set by me. I received a report from our hardware engineer and later another hardware engineer told me to change them, I asked the later engineer if he is sure and want me to put on all boxes, he said yes, then I did the change.

The lesson learned here is that I took for granted the later engineer would communicate to the former engineer the change, which is now proven not the case:(.

I went to a restaurant and bought a take away for my dinner. When I got home, I found one dish I paid is not in the bag, I actually saw they put my fried rice in two boxes, and they gave 4 boxes. I ordered 4 dishes, so I took for granted they would put 2 of the dishes in one box.

Lessons learned, never take things for granted:). Always do some check, simple or complex, make your life a lot easier after wards

No comments:

Post a Comment