Sunday, May 9, 2010

Experimenting with social media

I got a Google powered Android smart phone called Nexus One recently. This triggered a lot of things I've been doing and learning in the past few days. One of the biggest change that happened to me since this internet enabled phone is that Twitter suddenly start to make sense to me.

I've also started to try to add the "like" button from Facebook to this blog. After that, I got hooked. So I added twitter button as well. I think more people will click the like button just because there are a lot more Facebook users than twitter users.

Speaking of Twitter, Conan O'Brien signed up for Twitter because he was restricted from appearing on TV or Radio. For those who are not familiar with Conan's issue check this link: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Tonight_Show_with_Conan_O%27Brien Basically Conan and his TV station did not agree with each other and Conan had to give up his show. So long story short, 1 million people followed him on Twitter in a few days he signed up. Conan decided to do a tour which he was allowed to do. He posted one tweet and the tour tickets were sold out in a matter of days without a dollar spent on advertising. I think Twitter and Facebook truly changed the way people get information and how advertising can be done.

Here is a video I enjoyed: Conan visits Google

No comments:

Post a Comment